September 29, 2009

sydney, melbourne ... and a photo

Even though I won't admit it to any Melbournians (an old and loved chip on my shoulder), Melbourne is actually a very lovely city. So lovely that it semi-regularly entices my wonderful Sydney friends away from their blue harbour and one way streets for a visit. Coming from a town that by 5pm Friday is overrun by barely post-pubescent boys in grey suits, white loafers and faux-hawks, Melbourne's mysterious cobbled laneways and myriad of almost-secret bars is very appealing to Sydneysiders. (I know - it's why we moved here)

A sweet byproduct of this Melbourne pull is that they come and stay with us and for a few days I get to pretend that we are not 963 km* apart, but in fact close neighbours hanging out at each others places. Or at least our place. And so when this occurs I like to celebrate our neighbourly lounging with some pics. Like this one of Mala. Alas, my photography skills were not honed on the day and the dappled effect is more shadow than light. But the sun across her sleepy face makes me feel like this was just another lazy afternoon hanging out with friends, which is nice.

Also, the shoes and the broom match.

*I googled this fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment