May 17, 2010

sunday scatergories

Last night was the beginning of Sunday Roast Night, a new tradition that is completely ours and has never, ever been done by anyone else. How could it? Roast on a Sunday? How perfectly original.

But anyway.

It turns out that roasting is no quick cook meal. It takes awhile.

*sigh*

So while we waited for the oven to work it's magic we started another new tradition, playing Scatergories While Waiting for Things to Cook. Here is my award winning* answer sheet. It disturbs me that I knew more sports than books.
Despite a bitter defeat, Nicky decided she hadn't had enough of word games and created a little table poetry.
Rumour has it that next month's Sunday Roast Night will actually be homemade Nutloaf roast. I'm not sure of the cooking time on nutloaf but I do hope I'll be able to improve my Scategories game.

*I did not actually win an award. In fact I did not even win.
** The Warren Zevon LP served as a classy place mat when I discovered I had no Traditional Sunday Roast place mats. He was joined by Bette Midler and Tom Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment