June 28, 2009

squid-ink

If squids could talk I doubt they would blog. But it is nice to think of all those tentacles tapping ferociously at the keyboard as they crush biscuits in their beaks, letting the crumbs gather on the floor. Perhaps they would peer over their glasses to check and fix a spelling error. I don't think squids would tolerate bad grammar, but they wouldn't correct someone else's either. Choosing instead to just frown and dismiss.

No, I don't think the internet is the place for squids. Which is a good thing because I like to think of them in the ocean, swimming in the dark and leaving inky trails for all of their enemies.

2 comments:

  1. Since it would be very hard for a squid to frown with their beak, I imagine they would do it with their tentacles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they would probably wrinkle the excess cartilage of their head into a kind of hooded frown. That's if you can wrinkle cartilage.

    ReplyDelete